Tips for recycling:
- Make sure to clean what you're going to recycle! Emptying out recyclable containers and rinsing them really helps!
- Remove and trash plastic bottle caps before recycling!
- Do not put food in recycling bins.
- Packing material
- Plastic bags
- Paper (with exceptions, see below)
- Boxboard (like cereal boxes)
- Plastic (#1-7)
- Empty aerosol cans
- Aluminum cans and foil
- Tin and steel cans
- Post-it notes
- Metal lids
- Clean pizza boxes
What do I do with other things?
- Batteries: Dispose in your dorm's battery collection bucket or bring to recycling center
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs: Bring to collection bucket in commons room, Hillcrest, campus bookstore, or recycling center
- Cardboard boxes: Break down and leave next to recycling bin
- Bubble wrap: Leave neatly by bins
- Packing peanuts: Contain in box or bag and leave by bins
- Clothing, school supplies, furniture, appliances, rugs: Bring to recycling center for reuse or drop off at a thrift store
- Styrofoam: Throw them in the trash
- Carbon paper, waxed paper, aluminum lined paper, paper cups or plates, candy wrappers, label sheets: Throw them in the trash